Changing from manual time tracking (or not time tracking at all) can be pretty daunting, but an online time tracking system can be super beneficial to your workplace. For that reason, this blog post will give you an idea of how to transition to online time tracking software!
What are the benefits?
- Tracking software will make sure that you never underbill a client again.
- It can help your team stay on track by assigning a certain amount of time to each job.
- Your clients will be able to see a breakdown of costs and hours, allowing them to budget accordingly.
- You will be able to adjust quotes according to how long jobs actually take.
- It will show who has worked what jobs and for how long.
What system should I choose?
- Cloud based tracking means no more paper time sheets. Instead you can work with the most up to date data with no more wasted paper.
- Mobile friendly systems means that data can be quickly and easily shared across multiple worksites across the country (or the world).
- Make sure that the system makes sense to you, and choose the one that is most understandable.
- If you use different systems for different things then it is important to make sure that the system you choose will allow you to import data into/export data out of the different systems you use.
Hopefully this has given you an idea of how to implement time tracking systems in construction and how they can benefit your business. For more tips and tricks around construction then check out the rest of our blog!